Organisation: Creative & Cultural Skills
Daniel Williams was previously the Engagement Manager for the Creative Employment Programme at Creative & Cultural Skills. He worked with employers across the arts and cultural sector to create new apprenticeship and paid internships for young people aged 16 to 24.
Prior to this Dan worked in the HR team at the Royal Opera House where he ran the Culture Quarter and Creative Jobs Programmes from 2010-13. These innovative projects offered paid internships to 150 unemployed young people across 30 well-known London cultural venues.
Dan is passionate about helping people from all backgrounds fulfil their aspirations in the creative industries.
- Alex Whelan, museum project officer
- Arts and culture interns
- Apprentices in the Create Gloucestershire network
- Simone Gayle, community arts apprentice
- Growing a micro-business with a paid intern
- Extra financial incentives to recruit young people
- Taking on a paid intern to help with fundraising
- Building a creative workforce through youth employment
- Phil Gee, Royal Opera House admin support intern
- Creating jobs through local partnerships
- Working with Jobcentre Plus
- Tackling youth unemployment
- Funding for a diverse workforce
- Winning funding as a consortium