Digital Skills for Growth Fund
Funding of up to £4,000 available to bring new digital technology skills into your business.
Digital Skills for Growth is an Essex Employment and Skills Board programme delivered by Essex County Council that offers you funding when you employ someone. Up to £4,000 (at up to 70 per cent contribution from the programme) is available to train the young person in advanced skills related to the use of digital technology.
Funding is available to your business if you are currently trading, located within Greater Essex including Southend and Thurrock unitary authorities (but excluding London Boroughs) and operate in the creative sector.
Some examples of training areas are computer aided design, website design and development, IT project management, software development, computer programming, digital marketing and social media, multi-media production, systems architecture, data security and data analytics.
You can recruit in three ways:
- You can bring someone new into your business as an external appointment
- You can appoint someone from within your business – providing they are moving into a new position and their vacated role will be back filled externally
- You can offer a new contract to someone in the last 3 months of an existing fixed term contract within your business to keep them in post (for example, if an apprentice is in the last three months of their apprenticeship)
The key features of the programme are that you can:
- Choose any advanced digital technology training courses – the course can be accredited or unaccredited and can be delivered in whichever way best suits you.
- Choose any training provider – the training provider may be located inside or outside of Essex.
- Select as many training courses as you think are needed to train the young person to the required standard (up to the £4,000 grant maximum).
- Recruit more than one young person – you can claim a grant of up to £4,000 for each young person that you recruit.
To find out more or to apply please visit Digital Skills for Growth.