National Skills Academy Programme 2016-2017
Creative & Cultural Skills runs the National Skills Academy network of education partners and industry supporters to deliver programmes designed to improve the provision of skills and training in the creative and cultural industries.
Last year we ran live brief projects with organisations such as the Royal Opera House, National Theatre, Design Museum, Cadw and the Northern Ireland Design Alliance. We delivered industry-led careers events around the UK and took part in events such as TheatreCraft, the Museums and Heritage Show and The Skills Show. We also hosted bespoke events with Leader Colleges in Wales and Northern Ireland, including the first Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards.
We produced industry-led talks at major events, such as International Jewellery London, PLASA and the Museums Association Conference, and offered exclusive backstage access for staff and students from our network at major festivals such as Latitude, Leeds and the V Festival.
The National Skills Academy offers:
- Increased student employability.
- Access to a UK-wide network of education partners and industry professionals.
- Bespoke advice on developing engagement with local industry partners.
- Partnerships with industry through apprenticeships, internships and work experience that tackles the skills needs of the creative industries and creates job opportunities in the sector.
- Enhanced staff development.
- Industry endorsed careers packages including hands-on taster days, and both face-to-face and online advice.
We programme activity across the UK and this is open to all education members, irrespective of where the activity is located. To find out how membership of the National Skills Academy could benefit you, please contact [email protected]