Resources for running a business
Get the information and the expert advice to help start and develop your own business.
From how to write a business plan to taking on an apprentice or trainee, Business is GREAT Britain will help you make your new venture a success.
Business is GREAT Britain can offer you advice and inspiration at each stage of developing your business:
- Start – Find the sources of information and practical advice you need to get things started
- Grow – Connect to expert advice and sources of information to help you build and grow your business
- Accelerate – Use these tools and information resources to plan and drive rapid growth in your enterprise
- Finance – You can get plenty of free advice and guidance on how to write a business plan
Employment and skills – Find out how you could be entitled to a £1,500 grant
What support is available?
Find out the support you are eligible for by answering a few questions with Business is GREAT Britain's My Business Support Tool. For example:
- Which type of business do you plan to start?
- How many people do you plan to employ?
- Which sector will you mainly do business in?
You'll get a free report of resources and schemes to start or support your business.
When you run a business, there are regulations that everyone has to comply with. With Business is GREAT Britain you can get information and advice on some of the key initiatives:
- Licence Finder – Find out whether you need a licence for your business activity
- Business Companion – Free, impartial legal guidance for businesses that sell goods and/or supply services to consumers
- Product safety – Check what regulations may apply to your product
- Export licences – How to find out whether your goods are controlled and whether you need an export licence
Business is GREAT Britain was set up by the UK Government in order to provide additional support to small businesses around the country.