Northern Ireland awards
Finalists for the 2016 Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards have now been announced. Thank you to everyone who nominated and find out soon who the winners are.
These awards celebrate the unsung heroes of the creative industries who epitomize Creative & Cultural Skills’ values:
- Give young people opportunities to work and learn in the creative industries
- Ensure that employers benefit from a skilled generation of talent
- Help the creative industries continue on a course of economic growth.
Creative Industry Skills
- Carrie Neely – Art Loves Ltd
- Bernie Murphy – Fashion and Textiles Design Centre
- Production Services Ireland
- Young at Art
- Titanic Creative Management
- Jamie King - Creative Media Trainer, Nerve Centre BFI Academy
- Michael Poole, Liam Craig, Dominic O’Callaghan – Lecturers, North West Regional College
- Claire Fiddaman – Curriculum Manager Creative Media, South West College
- Patricia Dickson – Fashion Lecturer, BMC
- Rhonda Donaghy – Associate Lecturer Fashion and Textiles, NWRC
Apprentice of the Year
Intern of the Year
- David Paulin – Lyric Theatre
- Rachael Garrett – National Trust
- Chloe Morrison – Golden Thread Gallery
Northern Ireland Creative Industry Skills Award
The Northern Ireland Creative Industry Skills Award recognises the promotion of vocational employment pathways and innovative skills development to equip young people for creative employment. This award is open to individuals or teams within organisations who have demonstrated excellence in supporting young talent joining the creative industries. This might include mentors, managers, facilitators and leaders of businesses or training programmes, working within the creative industries.
Northern Ireland Creative Tutor Award
The Northern Ireland Creative Tutor Award recognises the important role of tutors and formal education in supporting the development of skills, confidence and creative ambition in young people seeking to build a career in the creative industries. This award is open to all creative tutors who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to recognising, educating and nurturing young creative talent.
Northern Ireland Apprentice of the Year Award
The Northern Ireland Apprentice of the Year Award is open to apprentices working in the creative industries who have shown exceptional ambition and talent in 2016.
- This award is open to apprentices who were aged 16 – 24 at the commencement of their apprenticeship.
- Nominees for this award must either currently be an apprentice, or have finished their apprenticeship after December 2015.
- Nominations for this award can be for individuals, or for a team of up to three apprentices working over the same period in the same team.
If you are intending to nominate an apprentice for this award please seek their permission before doing so.
Northern Ireland Intern of the Year Award
The Northern Ireland Intern of the Year Award is open to interns working in the creative industries who have shown exceptional ambition and talent.
- Nominees for this award must either currently be an intern, or have finished their internship after December 2015.
- Nominations for this award can be for individuals, or for a team of up to three interns working over the same period in the same team.
If you are intending to nominate an intern for this award please seek their permission before doing so.