Open University free resources
OpenLearn offers free learning from The Open University. Use the subject categories to discover articles, watch videos, listen to podcasts and interact with features and games created by academic experts.
Join in the learning conversations with other OpenLearners or plan and prepare for a course of study by completing one of the free study units. Or if you just want to sit back, why not check the details of the latest Open University programmes on TV and radio?
Trying a free study unit from OpenLearn is a great way to get an idea of what to expect from university study. With over 600 study units, spread across many subject areas, you’ll be sure to find something that interests you. These are materials from the same courses that registered students take – but online and free to the world!
Study units can take anything from 1-50 hours to work through and are available from introductory to postgraduate level. Each has clear learning outcomes, and many have activities and sample answers to help you assess your progress.
- The market-led organisation
- Marketing communications as a strategic function
- Products, services and branding
- Managing and managing people
- Managing projects through people
- Business organisations and their environments: Culture
- Working in groups and teams
- Project management: the start if the project journey
- Preparing a project
- Implementing the project
- Project management
- Completing the project
- Introduction to financial services
- Equity finance
- The financial markets context
- Investment risk
- Introduction to the context of accounting