Our passion for apprenticeships is unwavering, we remain committed to championing this route to work to address skills gaps and shortages and as a tool for increasing the diversity of our current and future workforce.
Our continued work on apprenticeships includes:
- The updating of existing, and development of new, apprenticeship training routes across all four nations of the UK. We work with relevant Government departments and arms-length bodies to do this
- Supporting training providers to expand their provision to accommodate the delivery of apprenticeship training
- Providing direct advice and guidance to employers and associated stakeholders on apprenticeships and how to use this route to develop our workforce
- Setting best practice standards for employers around the recruitment and management of apprentices
- Helping the sector understand the apprenticeship policy context, and in turn informing policy makers to help them understand how apprenticeships might best work for the cultural sector
All our work on apprenticeships over the years has helped us understand the challenges employers face when recruiting new talent and the flexibilities they need when working with a training provider or college.