Use our resources to help you run great apprenticeships
We have been involved in apprenticeships since 2008, when we first supported the development of the creative apprenticeship frameworks for the industry. Since then we have gathered a wealth of knowledge and expertise supporting organisations and training provider to manage the effective delivery of apprenticeships. Take a look at some of our most popular resources.
We understand the challenges employers face when recruiting new talent and the flexibilities they need when working with a training provider or college.
Through sector research, and practical experience we have put together helpful guides and resources to enable organisations in the creative and cultural sector to navigate the world of apprenticeships.
As part of National Apprenticeships Week 2019 we have grouped together some of our most used and sought-after resources. Whether you’re hoping to develop the apprenticeship offer in your organisation, better support your existing apprentices or you're just considering whether you could take on an apprentice in the future, we’re got advice and guidance for you.
- A Manager’s Guide to Apprenticeships - If you’ve just taken on your first apprentice, or are about to, we hope this guide will help you navigate the sometimes complex world of apprenticeships, and give you the basic tools to help your apprentice grow and perform to the best of their ability.
- A Best Practice Guide to Apprenticeships, Internships and Volunteering – This booklet has been written with organisations in England in mind, to accompany Arts Council England's ambition to promote a diverse and skilled workforce in the cultural sector.
- Our Apprenticeships Standards Map can be found on our Apprenticeships Frequently Asked Questions page – This regularly updated map outlines the apprenticeships standards which are currently in development.
- Curriculum Materials are available to download for multiple creative apprenticeships – we have worked with partners from the industry to develop curriculum materials to support the off-the-job training offer for different apprenticeship standards. Those who purchase our materials are free to edit them for the purposes of teaching and learning. We've also created workbooks for apprentices to use to help individuals track and reflect on their learning in real time.
Support we offer
- Our ‘A Manager’s Guide to Apprenticeships’ guide is accompanied by a half day training session which we have hosted throughout England, and can provide to organisations on request.
- Our ‘A Best Practice Guide to Apprenticeships, Internships and Volunteering’ guide is accompanied by a practical training session.
- We’ve helped numerous employers to develop new apprenticeship standards (training options) for occupations that couldn’t be trained for via this route before, and continue to do so.
There is no aspect of an apprenticeship we can’t support or provide guidance on.
- We offer one to one guidance and support for organisations on all aspects of delivering creative apprenticeships. We can work with individual managers or entire senior executive teams to help employers to think about where apprenticeships are best placed in their business and how to introduce recruitment approaches to help diversify the candidates that apply for apprenticeship positions. We provide support with finding a training provider; matching job descriptions to apprenticeship standards, and we can help write job descriptions based on your requirements. There is no aspect of an apprenticeship we can’t provide support or guidance on.
If you would like to find out more about any of our resources, training or support, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with an appropriate member of our team.